Now that we've got a new puppy in the house, we've certainly come to appreciate quick and easy meals that can be prepared ahead and eaten all week in various configuration. Over the weekend, we treated ourselves to a rotisserie chicken from Wholefoods and made a big batch of Waldorf Chicken Salad. Simply delicious.
Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or miracle whip dressing
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 rib of celery, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine chicken and mayonnaise and incorporate using a fork. Add apples, grapes, celery, raisins, and walnuts and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve as desired. This chicken salad makes an excellent sandwich, or on top of a bowl of lettuce and tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.